In line with the 7th universal cooperatives principle, Concern for Community, cooperators and people of all walks of life today replenish Uganda’s blood reserves. In 2016 and 2017, cooperators collected 2025 units of blood able to save 8100 lives of children. This year 2018 more is expected from Kampala, Masaka, Kasese, Mbale, Tororo, Mbarara, Arua and Gulu.
In addition, the movement is marking the 2018 Cooperatives week, with the following activities:
- The 3rd I.K Musazi Memorial Lecture, Makerere Main Hall-04th July 2018
- Nationwide tree planting Thursday, 05th July 2018
- Cooperatives symposium at the Civil Service College, Jinja – 06th July 2018.
- Exhibitions of cooperatives products and services at Civil Service College, Jinja – 6-7th July 2018.
- International Day of Cooperatives that will be hosted by Walimu SACCOs Union the Civil Service College grounds, Jinja-7th July 2017.
These cooperative week activities are brought to you by the Ministry of Trade Industry and Cooperatives in partnership with the Uganda Cooperative Alliance, Walimu SACCOs Union, and The Uhuru Institute for Social Development, Actionaid Uganda, and various Cooperative societies.